Comfort Keepers is seeking a General Manager in our Blufton, SC location
Provides direction and leadership and is responsible for managing the daily operations within Comfort Keepers®. Is responsible for the development, education, implementation, operational, clinical, and financial performance. General Manager will generate sales through cold calling, attending conferences, networking with key influence groups and relationship building with key referral sources. Ensures quality outcomes in a cost-effective manner. Will be accountable for the provision of the quality care provided. Provides supervision, counseling, teaching and assists with the
coordinating services. Participates in the development, implementation of agency philosophy, policy and program. Collaborates with the Owner and other management staff in implementing department philosophy and policies and planning for future programs.
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Healthcare or other related fields.
- At least 5 years supervisory experience in the health care industry.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as a positive professional business image.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates programs and initiatives in order to meet volume, financial, quality, and service standards.
- Collaboratively with Owner to make recommendations and adjustments when appropriate to achieve objectives.
- Collaborates to set goals for Comfort Keepers.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains written policies governing agency operations, to include:
a. Services offered
b. Admission and discharge procedures
c. Supervision and plans of care
d. Emergency care
e. Service records
f. Personnel qualifications
h. Program evaluations
i. Coordination of referrals to and from other community resources
6. Implements and monitors continuous quality improvement programs to enhance
7. Client care delivery and satisfaction and referral source satisfaction.
General Manager Job Description
1. Analyzes, implements and evaluates current and new services within the service area.
2. Reviews, recommends, develops and implements policies, procedures, programs,
and standards, which guide and support the provision of services, regulatory, licensure, and accreditation standards.
3. Participate and promote community health activities among staff and colleagues.
- Manages and mentors staff to foster professional growth and development of leaders.
- Recommends hiring and retention of sufficient numbers of qualified staff to provide care.
- Provides a work environment, which attracts and retains loyal employees.
- Provides professional growth for self and staff through seminars, workshops, and professional memberships to remain current in field of expertise.
- Maintains accountability for orientation, continuing education and competency verification of all staff.
- Assures licensure and certification of staff.
- Accountable for timely performance evaluations.
- Remains visible and accessible to staff.
- Recommends salary adjustments and manages compression.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Strategic planning ability to anticipate changing business conditions and take appropriate action.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial reports used in the measurement of success.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including Word and Excel.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Motivates, develops, and directs people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Brings others together to achieve business outcomes.
- Positive, professional, business image.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas through speech and written word so others will understand.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
General Manager Job Description
Office and Field environment.
Position Physical Demands:
Walking, sitting, and standing with lifting limited to files and records typically not expected to exceed 5 pounds in weight. Extended time at a computer work screen and on the telephone.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.